We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This is one of my old favourites, I’ve made it time and time again. Recently I have been making a bigger amount then adding a tin of baked beans and making into chilli for another meal (I add the chilli after taking a bit out for Harry).
- 750g minced beef
- 2 medium onions (or 1 large)
- 3 tins of chopped tomatoes (400g each)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 heaped tsp of mixed herbs
- About 4 tbsp of tomato puree
- Salt and Pepper
- Dice the onions and crush the garlic. To crush the garlic I dice it as finely as possible, add some salt and using the side of your knife work the garlic into a paste. I find it helps break the garlic down but if you don’t fancy doing this just dice as finely as possible or use a tsp of powdered garlic (The taste isn’t as good in my opinion but I have used that shortcut).
- Brown the mince and onions in a pan together until the mince is fully cooked. Drain any excess fat and put it back in the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, mixed herbs and a bit of pepper. Give the mix a good stir and then add half the tomato puree and stir again. Cook the tomato puree in for 5 minutes and add the rest of the tomato puree if the sauce is still runny (This depends how thick you like the sauce).
- Cook for about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with pasta, rice, jacket potato or chips. I chose spaghetti today as its yummy and cheap. Enjoy 🙂
Tip: Add a bell pepper for a different flavour or use this to make a lasagne.
Nice and messy but he loves it 🙂 I gave up trying to keep a bib on him a long time ago haha.